Notes • Digital Ephemera • Updated Thursday, August 11th 2022
This snippet of a blog post idea is from mid-2013. I was in Paris at the time, but spent most of that first week working and wrapping up projects as I recall. I stayed in an Airbnb that felt like borderline squatting. It's interesting to see how the details have changed but the broad strokes stayed the same... I still spend most of my time context switching. Part of my Digital Ephemera series.
Summary of a long day
I realize I just spent all day giving people advice... Yet have not directly made a dime from simply doing that. So many different kinds of things discussed.
In no particular order, a summary of the various things I spent the better part of my day consulting on:
- advising on how to reactivate a long dormant membership site for a very niche racing sport
- advising on how to better organize items in a shop
- discussing calendars and registrations for a martial arts studio,
- a shopping cart for apparel,
- the best WordPress plugin for a young photographer,
- how to track participants taking an online test for a research project
- best solutions for selling coffee beans online,
- updates on how we're going to handle arranging/rearranging content blocks on a website for podcasting,
- managing my research project looking for web developers & companies in other countries.
No wonder my brain feels so fried at the end of the day sometimes. That is a lot of incongruous topics.